The Departments Store, Nasons, closed its doors on September 8th 2018 after nearly 90 years in business. Opening in Canterbury in 1929, Nasons started out in the back of a barrow, and then moved to the high street in the early 1960’s. It was an independent department store, stocking clothing, kitchenware, linen and toys along with 2 restaurants, and of course Canterbury Tiles.
Although we loved being in the centre of Canterbury, in the much loved Nasons, we took news of their closure well, deciding to continue with Canterbury Tiles both online and continuing to offer our home visit service.
We were sad to see that the Nasons staff left this poem in the window after closing, and wish them all well.